- Who: You, the food truck enthusiast
- What: San Diego Food Truck Festival —> San Diego & LA food trucks (~30 of ‘em)
- Where: 2600 Lanning Road, San Diego CA 92106 (Liberty Station area)
- When: Sunday, June 19 from 12-7pm
- Why: Why not?
- How: $10 general admission; $20 VIP
For more info, click here.
- Who: You, food truck enthusiast
- What: Inland Empire Food Truck Festival- 50 trucks
- Where: Citizens Business Bank Arena, Ontario, CA
- When: June 18, 2011
- Why: Why not?
Tickets: Regular: $8; VIP: $25. Buy them here.
For more information: http://www.iefoodtruckfest.com/
Some notable upcoming SoCal food truck festivals coming up in April-May:
- May 7: San Diego Food Truck Festival: San Diego, CA/ Del Mar Fairgrounds.
- May 14: Santa Anita Food Truck Festival: Arcadia, CA/Santa Anita Park/$5.00. Featuring a “prominent group of food trucks”, including “The Grilled Cheese Truck, The Lobsta Truck, Ragin Cajun, Canter’s, Border Grill, Shrimp Pimp, and many more.”
- May 15: Valencia’s Gourmet Food Truck Fest and Classic Car Show: Valencia, CA/Valencia Auto Center on Creekside Road. Featuring: Ahn-Joo, Lake Street Creamery, Barbie’s Q, George’s Greek Cafe, Fresh Fries, Greenz on Wheels, The Hungry Nomad, No Reservations Catering, Vizzi, Rokyo, Frysmith, Pita Pusher, KrazyBBQ, Yummy One, Shrimp Pimp, White Rabbit, Tapa Boy, Rosa’s Bella Cucina, Ludo Truck…and others.
Food trucks have made it onto the mock catastrophe circuit. See, e.g., last night’s episode of CSI:NY, “Food for Thought” (showcasing a food truck explosion at a SoHo culinary festival).
For the episode, click here.
- Where? Sony Studios in Culver City.
- What? Dozens of foreign and domestic beers + entertainment + food trucks.
- When? Now and later. Two sessions: 12-3 and 5-8.
- Bad News: Sold out. Maybe next year. On the bright side (if you didn’t buy the $40 ticket): La Beer Fest’s twitter is exploding with line complaints.
Some from the lineup:
For more information: http://www.drinkeatplay.com/labeerfest/
What: 80 trucks
Where/When: April 2 from 11:00- 5:00 @ the Santa Anita Park Infield.
For more info: http://www.santaanita.com/specialevent/2011/food-truck-festival-ii